My sales terms and conditions are intended to make everyone happy and nobody disappointed. Sales terms and conditions that allow me to build what I love and my customers to love what they buy. My hope is that you find it so.
In December 2011, Jim and I were trading stories over lunch. One of Jim's involved a disgruntled international customer this time. After shipping and repairing perceived imperfections in the guitar finish twice, the client was now demanding that the guitar be completely refinished, a third time, for free. Just my opinion, but Jim Olson provides one of the finest guitar finishes on the planet. My opinion notwithstanding, Jim's only way out of this impossible situation was to write and ten thousand dollar check. Now, I'm thinkin' how a guitar looks is also a subjective matter of opinion and expectation, not a matter of fact. I'm thinking this story makes another excellent case for selling instruments from existing inventory.
Sales Terms and Conditions
1. All Sales shall be from existing, in-stock instrument inventory.
2. All Sales are final, after a two day customer trial and inspection period and written notice that the customer is completely satisfied with the instrument.
3. Local Customers intending to buy an instrument, may make arrangements to pick-up it up and take it home for the two day trial and inspection period. If during this period, the local customer is not completely satisfied with the instrument, it may be returned on the third day after pick-up at no cost.
4. Non-Local Customers intending to buy an instrument, may have it shipped to their home upon receipt of a full purchase price deposit. The two day trial and inspection period begins the day the instrument is delivered. If during this period, the non-local customer is not completely satisfied with the instrument, it may be return shipped on the third day after delivery with a refund of the purchase price deposit less all shipping costs. Shipping costs shall include Overnight Delivery and Content Insurance, to and from the customers home, as the best way to minimize the potential for shipping damage.
5. Both Local and Non-Local Customers shall be responsible for any and all damage and associated damage repair costs that may occur during the time the instrument is in their care.
This Website was First Published 10/24/2012 and Last Updated 12/11/2012